The County Clerk's Offices at Main Mason Historical Courthouse and the Lansing Branch are open to the public for walk-ins at this time, however, filing for office is not something that must be done in-person, as the paperwork may be mailed to the appropriate official.
Candidates for certain County, State Representative, or Precinct Delegate offices who file with the Ingham County Clerk may submit their complete and notarized Affidavit of Identity & Receipt of Filing (including petitions or filing fee) via mail to P.O. Box 179, Mason, MI 48854. Filings may also be placed in the drop box located in the lobby of the Ingham County Jail (700 Buhl Street, Mason).
Blank petition forms can be provided by mail to petition circulators.
Please email email@example.com or call 517-676-7255 for more information.
- Affidavit of Identity and Receipt of Filing
- For use by candidates for all offices except Precinct Delegate
- Form must be notarized and submitted to the correct filing official with $100 filing fee or petitions (as applicable) by filing deadline
- Petition Signature Requirement Chart
- 2022 Local Candidate Filing Deadline Information:
- March 21, 2022, 5:00 p.m.: Incumbent Appeals Court, Circuit Court, District Court, and Probate Court judges file for the August 2, 2022 Primary Election.
- April 19, 2022, 4:00 p.m.: Candidates for partisan and nonpartisan offices (including candidates seeking Appeals Court, Circuit Court, District Court, and Probate Court judgeships) file for the August 2, 2022 Primary Election.
- May 3, 2022, 4:00 p.m.: Precinct Delegates file 2022 Precinct Delegate Affidavit of Identity (see below) for the August 2, 2022 Primary Election.
- July 21, 2022, 4:00 p.m.: Candidates without political party affiliation seeking partisan offices file for the November 8, 2022 General Election.
- July 26, 2022, 4:00 p.m.: Candidates for village offices, Local School Board and Community College Trustee file for the November 8, 2022 General Election.
- For Judicial Candidates Only:
- Affidavit of Constitutional Qualification for Non-Incumbent Judicial Candidates
- Affidavit of Candidacy for Incumbent Judicial Candidates
- Affidavit of Identity - 2022 Precinct Delegate
- Notarized form filed with the County Clerk by May 3, 2022
- NOTE: Per MCL 168.661(3), city and township election commissions may amend precinct boundaries until April 4, 2022. It is recommended to check with local clerks about any precinct boundary changes before filing for Precinct Delegate.
|2022 Offices in Ingham County||Filing Official|
|Governor & Lt. Governor||Secretary of State|
|Secretary of State||Secretary of State|
|Attorney General||Secretary of State|
|U.S. Representative (Districts To Be Determined)||Secretary of State|
|State Board of Education, MSU Trustees, University of Michigan Regents & Wayne State Governors||Secretary of State|
|State Senator (Districts To Be Determined)||To Be Determined|
|Supreme Court, Circuit Court, & District Court Judges||Secretary of State|
|Ingham County Commissioner (2022 Districts under Adopted Maps Here)||Ingham County Clerk|
|State House (Districts To Be Determined)||Ingham County Clerk|
|Precinct Delegate (Ingham County Precincts)||Ingham County Clerk|
|City Council Member (Cities of Mason & Williamston)||City Clerk|
|School Board Member||School District Election Coordinator (contact County Clerk for more information)|
|Village Office||Township Clerk|